We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Arabian Onegin Sonnet


The author assumes the metric and pivotal requirements are the standard for the sonnet.
Onegin is pronouced Oh NAY gin

Rhyme scheme: AaAa BBbb CdC DDd
Meter: Consistent or iambic pentameter
Structure: Two quatrains followed by two tercets with a pivot or volta at line 9 or line 12
End-line Refrain Words

Example Poem:

Touch My Heart     (Arabian Onegin Sonnet)

When I can't touch you just to show my love
I must find other ways I know, my love. 
My acts must speak when pushing comes to shove. 
That sense of loss I must now get ridof. 

An illness causes you to seem remote 
Ignorance let it make me act remote. 
As sense of loss had grabbed me by the throat. 
Your acts of love alone kept me afloat. 

A selfish focus on my loss hid yours, 
and fibromyalgia has no cures. 
I must convince you dear, my love is yours. 

Our music physically was but one realm, 
but we've connected on most every realm. 
We'll let no losses ever overwhelm. 

     © Lawrencealot - December 24, 2012

Visual Template:
JUST NOTED THIS WRITE DOES NOT CONFORM TO SPECS
THE REFRAIN WORDS ARE TO BE IN L1 and L3 a labeled.


No comments:

Post a Comment