We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Reasonnet

*Reasonnet                                
A sonnet form invented by Ruth Poteet aka Reason on Allpoetry  
A variation on a variattion of a Keats Sonnet.

10 syllables                             
Four tercets plus a couplet                                
Rhymed: aaa bbb ccc ddd ee

Example Poem

Social Engineering     (Reasonnet)

Now every day you make me break the ice.
I wouldn't mind if you'd just ask me nice.
Instead you merely yak and give ad vice.

"Who made me your undocumented fool,
and set me up as your ice-breaking tool?"
I just decided to revoke that rule.

Of course we want to search for our next meal
yet all my stomping may attract a seal.
you say, "So what? That's not a biggy deal."

This method causes quickly, a commotion.
I backslap you with one nice friendly motion
and voila! there's our entry to the ocean.

I found my solution to be quite neat.
It's quicker than my using my two feet.


© Lawrencealot - June 1, 2013



Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment