We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Countess' Grief 1

This form was named by Jose Rizal M. Reyes
It consists of three quatrains and a couplet, but the couplet itself
does not rhyme. 

The Rhyme scheme is:  abba cddc eefg gf

Example Poem

My poet never lets me run and play 
and crash and boom and flash the room and flirt. 
"Wear this! ",he says, and not the mini-skirt. 
"A sonnet form?  No take that thing away. 

You say you won't undress me like your whore. 
I want to tease and titillate, you jerk 
this rigid form I will not wear to work! 
I won't set one small iamb out that door." 

"Look you most silly filly of a verse, 
I could wrap your fine curves in something worse-  
a double dactyl or a free verse cough. 
Try this, for me today and make me proud, 

if you do that, tonight you'll be allowed 
to loosen this, or maybe take it off. "

© Lawrencealot - September 20, 2013

Visual Template




No comments:

Post a Comment