We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Doggonnet

This form was invented by Larry Eberhart, aka Lawrencealot on AP.

It was spawned by the apparent fixation contest hosts had with brevity at the time.

This is what would be called a "gadget" sonnet.

They rhyme scheme is that of an English Sonnet: abab cdcd efef gg
All lines are six syllables.
REQUIRED:
Two of the quatrains MUST be iambic trimeter.
The other quatrain MUST be trochaic trimeter.

The couplet may be either meter.

Example Poem

Ain't That a Bitch?














She's a cute and tiny
pup I think I'll like,
Don't she have a hiney?
Where'd ya find her, Mike?

You fabricated her?
She's just an artifact?
and that's not really fur?
That's me in the abstract?

I'm gonna be depressed
I'm ready for a mate.
But facts must be confessed.
I'll be content to wait…

     before the dating starts,
     find one with all the parts.

August 28, 2013


Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment