We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cyhydedd Fer Sonnet



From Venice Bard, the current remaining Welsh authority on Allpoetry. com.

It's just 7 Cyhydedd Fer couplets (rimed 8-syllable lines).  I don't consider it a 'sonnet' myself, but Ceridwens Soul (my beloved Celtic forms teacher, now awol) did.  I suppose the 'turn' is anywhere you want it to be.

Example Poem:


Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers (Cyhydedd Fer Sonnet)

If you should speak in anger, dear,
first speak where only you can hear
If meaning's clear, is message fair?
Are words intended to repair,
and will they guide toward common ground?
Is blame essential to be found?
The words can wait, while anger cools
and then converse when reason rules.
If I've done something that you hate,
advise me, but the words can wait.
You know I'll move to make amends,
because I love you and we're friends.
Use whispers closely late tonight.
And honey, I will make it right.








Visual Template:



No comments:

Post a Comment