We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Four Kings Sonnet


Rhyme Scheme:  abbaabba abbaab
Invented by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines
Iambic Pentameter
Volta Line 9 or beyond

Example Poem:


Four  Epoch Sonneteer  (Four Epoch Sonnet)

In school in fifty-seven I learned rhyme;
and forced exposure taught me sonnets ruled.
That all had fourteen lines; so I was schooled.
and Shakespeare was the master for all time.
Near three score years had passed be fore I tried
again to master bard's acknowledged sphere.
Then meter taunted me; I was defied
by multisyllabic words quite unclear.

At last, I grasped it, got the concept down.
I tried then linking sonnets together
with structure well defined, to tell a tale
worth telling.  I, at last. composed a crown.
A sonnet redouble'--now version five,
is ready; somehow I am still alive.

© Lawrencealot, October 17, 2012


Visual Template:


No comments:

Post a Comment