We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Korean sonnet


Invented by  Jose Rizal M. Reyes
rhyming pattern: aaaaaaaa bbbbbbbb
format: two octets

Korean sonnet.  (In honor of the two Koreas, North and South, in whose flags the symbol of tai chi are prominently displayed.

Example Poem:


Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers   (Korean Sonnet)

A silence is most fine thing when irate.
Emotions can cause words to over state
an issue, or use phrases sure to grate.
It's wise of you my dear, therefore, to wait,
re-think the message goal and contemplate
how goals are reached when embraced by your mate.
With cause to pause and think, I shall relate.

I'll want to help resolve most any plight.
If I have blundered then I'll be contrite.
But calm approaches help get troubles slight.
We want to solve a problem, not to fight.
Now here's the perfect way to do this right.
My love, use whispers closely late tonight.
I love you, honey; I will make it right.

(c) Lawrencealot - September, 2012







Visual Template:




No comments:

Post a Comment