We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Clare Sonnet

Essentially the identifying characteristic of the Clare Sonnet is its 
couplet rhyme pattern aabbccddeeffgg

It is supposed to be Iambic Pentameter, but I have seen
variations from  Tetrameter to Heptameter. 
IMHO a poet should  add -" In the style of John Clare" to these poems.

Sample Poem:


Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers   (Clare  Sonnet)

Should you be moved to speak in anger, dear,
You'll want to be assured your meaning's clear.
I ask that first you test your words alone
If anger stems from blunder of my own.
Is it essential now that blame be found;
will such proceed toward a common ground?
If meaning's very clear, then is it fair?
Are these first words intended to repair?
Unleashed, harsh words will travel like a spear,
Perhaps, the words should simply disappear
for now, until your anger can abate.
There's nothing risked delaying words that grate.
My love, use whispers closely late tonight.
I love you, honey; I will make it right.





Visual Template:






No comments:

Post a Comment