We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Romblomanon Sonnet


Quatorzain Generally  Iambic Pentameter
Volta at or following line 9
Quatrain + Couplet + Two quatrains
Rhyme scheme:  aaaa bb cccc dddd
This is a form invented by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines


Example Poem:

The Hylonome'  (Romblomonan Sonnet)




















I wanted so to be a Hylonome'
the half-woman half horse said once to rome
thru myths, inscribed in ancient dusty tome.
"No, shan't display your breasts away from home."

"But Dad, my tits are finer than my face.
You promised me I'd win a premier place."

"You shall, you have provided me a clue.
Now please go way, I'll see what I can do."
His art with leather shined with stitches true,
and art was wearable when  dad was through.

Her boobs were covered, crushed and that was sad,
but she her face was hidden, that's not bad.
She worn the finest horse-head to be had
and winning first place surely made her glad.


© Lawrencealot -  Oct 31, 2012



Visual Template:





No comments:

Post a Comment