We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Beymorlin Sonnet


Beymorlin Sonnet 
The defining features of the Beymorlin Sonnet are:
  • written in a quatorzain made up of 3 quatrains and a couplet.
  • metered, primarily iambic pentameter.
  • double rhymed, rhyme scheme abab cdcd efef gg with a separate internal rhyme in the same pattern as the end rhyme. The internal rhyme should occur within the first two syllables of each line.
  • composed with the epiphany arriving slowly after the 2nd quatrain.


Example:

Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers (Beymorlin Sonnet)

It's best if you are angry dear, to wait
and speak the words when you are all alone,
to test if meaning's clear.  Let heat abate
and tweak the words so I don't have to moan.

A voice that's raised invokes a sharp retort
the stage is set for defense right away.
My choice would be to listen then support
a sage, but dulcet wife; make things Okay.

A word cant wait, while anger wanes and cools.
Let's try to schedule talks to make things better. 
Assured results are reached when reason rules.
Oh by the way, you know I like that.sweater!

Use clear and mellow whispers in the night,
my dear, I love you; so I'll make it right. 

Visual Template:


1 comment:

  1. Dear EverySonnet, its simply beautiful, your cataloguing of sonnets' definition, etc. I am faced with the daunting task of writing a Beymorlin sonnet on Aung San Sui Kyi, the political activist from Myanmar who was under house arrest for ever so long. Most of my poems have been published on PoemHunter, Linked In and Facebook. Wish me luck, please. -Gayathri B. Seetharam

    ReplyDelete