We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Japanese Sonnet


Japanese Sonnet
Invented by Jose Rizal M. Reyes
Only found one source and only this:
Japanese Sonnet (Each line is a haiku) – aaaa bbbbbb aaaa

Example Poem:



Farewell Revoked (Japanese Sonnet)

In draining dreams from far you come to me.
I just returned from east across the sea.
I left too much; my heart- cannot be free.
Your sensual image resonates a plea.

I'm haunted by your mouth that said good-bye
and tortured by eyes wanting so to cry.
Sybaritic urges now force a sigh.
Your fleshy image plays on my mind's eye
So juxtaposed with silk and small bonsai,
Yet I sailed home and now I don't know why.

So real the dreams- you're here- and yet not quite.
The very best of my days are at night.
I'm coming back to make this whole thing right.
You'll be my bride; then days will equal night.

© Larry Eberhart, aka, Lawrencealot, Oct 4, 2012


Visual Template:


No comments:

Post a Comment