We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Arabian Sonnet


A quatorzain made up of 2 quatrains + 2 tercets.
metric, iambic pentameter.
rhymed, aaaa bbbb ccc ddd.
Volta on the 9th line.



Sample Poem:


Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers (Arabian Sonnet)

A silence is most fine thing when irate.
It's wise of you my dear, therefore, to wait,
re-think the message goal and contemplate
how goals are reached when embraced by your mate.

If my own blunder may have made you mad
a defensive re tort might well be bad
when thoughtful comment ought to now be had.
Let's frame discussion so to make you glad.

Perhaps, the words should simply disappear.
Unleashed, harsh words will travel like a spear.
Use calm and dulcet tones I love to hear.

We want to solve a problem, not to fight.
My love, use whispers closely late tonight.
I love you dearly; I will make it right.

© Larry Eberhart, aka Lawrencealot

Visual Template



No comments:

Post a Comment