We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Kangaroo Pause


Originally I found this form in Mr. Reyes' work, listed as an Australian Sonnet,
but because of the very confusion mentioned below he renamed it elsewhere in his writings as a Kangaroo Pause.  Therefore, on November 14, 2013 I am renaming it on this post.


Rhyme scheme: abab ccdd efef gg
Invented by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines

Note There is another form commonly referred to as
Australian Sonnet (or Bowlesian Sonnet)

Example poem:


Tell Me of Your Anger in Whispers (Australian Sonnet)

Should you be moved to speak in anger, dear,
I ask that first you test your words alone.
You'll want to be assured your meaning's clear.
If anger stems from blunder of my own.

If meaning's very clear, then is it fair?
Are these first words intended to repair?
Is it essential now that blame be found?
Will such proceed toward a common ground?

There's nothing risked delaying words that grate.
Perhaps, the words should simply disappear
for now, until your anger can abate.
Unleashed, harsh words will travel like a spear.

My love, use whispers closely late tonight.
I love you dearly; I will make it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment