We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weaver's Sonnet

This is a sonnet form first created by Tim Weaver, aka Poeticweaver on Allpoety
The form may be penned in the meter of the poet's choice
although iambic tetrameter is the original choice.
The defining characteristic is the rhyme pattern: aabb cdcd efef gg
The sonnet may be written with no volta but is one is chosen
it should take place at line 5 or line 13.

Death Never Splits True Love Apart

There comes a time we lose our grace
Wilted flowers in faded vase
No-one can ever take love's place
One last embrace to plead my case

Love climbs and crumbles all the time
Though with each verse reveals the cold
Weavers of words inscribe each line
Though love divine seeks never gold

I hear your cries after I breathe
Though death has taken hold of two
There's no true love that can deceive
So know I'm grateful I found you

Rags to bareness, with crooked spine
My lover friend your soul's divine

© Poeticweaver - September, 2013


Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment