We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Teddybard Sonnet

This is a sonnet form invented by Teddybard of Allpoetry.

 It is identified by the Rhyme Pattern: aaaabbccddeeff Normal sonnet attributes apply.

Example Poem

Not to be Relinquished

Since every guy asked you to dance
I never thought I'd have a chance
to even profit from your glance,
much less to entertain romance.
I thought about you every day
your face, your hair, your gentle sway,
your kind response to all you'd meet,
your gentle voice which sounds.so sweet.

I'd wandered near your vacant chair
and when your partner brought you there
I mumbled "Hi!" held out my hand
I hadn't waited for the band.

In your warm arms I felt befriended.
We danced on when music ended.

© Lawrencealot - October 1, 2013

 Visual Template This is shown for Iambic Tetrameter

No comments:

Post a Comment