We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Amanda's Dark Sonnet

This form was invented by Amanda J Norton who writes on Allpoetry.com.

It is a sonnet consisting of two seven line stanza's.

The first letters of each line form a two word acrostic, which must be alliterative.

The rhyme scheme is as follows: aabbcca abbccdd

Each line is 14 syllables although iambic heptameter is not required.
Although I inquired, the author gave no indication that a volta is required.
It must be about a "dark" topic.

Example Poem

 Dangled Darling     (Amanda's Dark Sonnet)

D  "Do you love only me?" she asked. She asked me every day.
A  "And if you do, why do we do most everything your way?"
N  Now she was perfect starting out, complying every night
G  glad I'd removed her from the street and made her work-load light.
L  Less happy though was she to know that I used chains and whips
E  engaging her with other girls and taking her on trips
D  down in my dungeon where unseen and slimy creatures play.

D  Don't do this, and don't to that, more resistant day by day,
A  and naturally I can't have that. Mine is a vampires site.
R  Retraint now hold her to the wall where all may suck and bite
L  Lenore, Lenore you're free no more we're taking vampire sips
I  in fact the slimy creepy things seem to prefer your hips.
N  Now when we're though and done with you you'll be one of us my dear.
G  Go now to sleep my love; you look delicious hanging here.

© Lawrencealot - October 5, 2013



Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment