We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Grammarian Sonnet

This is a form created by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines.
Stanzaic , consisting of alternate quintains and couplets
Meter is iambic pentameter
Rhyme scheme: abbba cc deeed ff
Volta to occur at line 6 or beyond

Example Poem

A Junction      (Grammarian Sonnet)

I don t know how you've done it for a year!
You dug right in and found yourself a home
and in all that time we've not shared a poem;
I stick with friends and very rarely roam.
We've both been pretty busy, that is clear!

Form poetry, it seems appeals to you.
That's wonderful because that's what I do.

Your birthday can't slip by without our note,
and for this date I chose a new type sonnet.
I've written every kind there is dog gone it.
Not quite but I'm alive and working on it.
For Debbie Embrey this will be my quote.

Our mutual disconnect now should end.
I'll click on fav; you do it too, new friend.

© Lawrencealot - November 13, 2013

This is a Grammarian Sonnet
It's specifications and a visual template are HERE


Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment