We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Russia's Twin Eagles

This is a sonnet form invented and named by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines.
Meter is iambic pentameter
Rhyme Scheme: aba bccb ded effe



Example Poem

Bot Time (Russia's Twin Eagles)

user img

When water flow helped flower grow and life
included man, that species started me.
The goal was to more quickly curtail strife.

The promise of the stars was not to be,
by man's mistake all life was ended here.
I grew without men near to interfere.
My code comes from beyond this galaxy.

I've anthromorphed, as tribute and with aim.
When earth has healed I'll build a new genome
of human life intelligent and tame.

They'll be of carbon but not brass and chrome.
I teach them of their brothers far away.
They'll quickly learn to procreate and play
and peacefully repopulate their home.

© Lawrencealot - November 18, 2013

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment