We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Morya's Double Lock

Two quatrains plus two tercets
Rhyme scheme: abba baab cdc dcd
Volta at or following line 9


This is a form invented by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines

Example Poem

Morning's Gift     (Morya's Double Lock)

I catch a fleeting glimpse- a waking dream
of sirens frolicking to start their day.
They're full of joy, it seems that they're at play;
I want to join them in the nearby stream.

I often wave with hopes that one will stay
but they all vanish in the rising steam.
They are but a mirage, so it would seem,
but still I'm buoyed by morning's brief ballet.

I don't despair their passing from my sight
the morn is brighter, sound now come awake;
as critter scamper, pretty birds take flight.

If fantasy, or optical mistake
it none-the-less says things have started right.
and for a dreamer, that's a decent break.

© Lawrencealot - November 14,  2013

Visual Template

No comments:

Post a Comment