We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Signature Sonnet

This is a form invented in 2006 by B. N. Chandler, aka B_Chandler on Allpoetry.

It was bought to my attention as follows:

• The Signature Sonnet is another invented sonnet pretender in 3 quintains also introduced by B Chandler.

The Signature Sonnet is:
○ stanzaic, written in 3 quintains.
○ metric, written in iambic tetrameter.
○ rhymed, turned on only 4 rhymes aabba bbaab ababa

Pasted from Poetry Magnum Opus

I wish to extend my thanks and appreciation and my  thanks to Judi Van Gorder at Poetry Magnus, another wonderful resource.
Without her, even though I write on Allpoetry, I would not have known of this form. Ms Chandler is not longer active here, and I cannot find a sample poem, although her instructions remain.

Note: there are only TWO rhymes, and not four.

The Signature Sonnet is:
Stanzic, consisting of three quintains
Isosyllabic and metered in iambic tetrameter
Rhymed: aabba bbaab ababa
Volta not specified, but not excluded.

Example Poem
Looking for Friends     (Signature Sonnet)

I saw on Craig's old list a note:
and this is not a direct quote.
"I need a friend for night-time fun,
it could be that you are the one."
I guessed what those words might connote.

She said she liked the summer sun
where sometimes clothes would come undone;
she said she had a little boat
and lake with privacy, to float.
I thought I'd go- not walk, but run. 

I'm figured that I should devote
some time before the deal was done,
to check the things of which she wrote.
She weighed a quarter metric  ton
and smelled like someone's Billy goat.

© Lawrencealot  November 11, 2013

Visual Template


No comments:

Post a Comment