We have moved!

This blog is no longer actively updated. You can now find us at http://poetscollective.org/everysonnet/.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Polynesian Wave


This is a sonnet form invented and named by Jose Rizal M. Reyes of the Philippines.
Meter is iambic pentameter

Rhyme Scheme: aaxa bbxb ccxc dd



Example Poem

Colored Poetry (Polynesian Wave)

user img





What means a critique when it comes from me?         
I've not a touch of talent so, you see         
I be a foolish fumbler, in the dark         
with no guidelines for judging Hannelie.         

I chose this form that's close to mono-rhyme        
'cus she promotes one color at a time         
and somehow knows which one to emphasize         
which makes her pictures simple and sublime.         

I like to look at princesses, (and whores)         
and girls who wear bikinis by the shores,         
I don't comprehend each time their appeal,         
I need not know the whys and the wherefores.         

And thus it is when paintings speak to me-         
I'd like a painting wrought by Hannelie.         

© Lawrencealot - November 15, 2013




(This was a contest entry poem.)


Visual Template

No comments:

Post a Comment